72 Hours (3 days) burning time. Devotional Candle, with prayer on reverse.
- Never leave lit candles unattended. Put burning candles out when you leave the room, and make sure they’re out completely at night.
- The plastic candle containers have been known to catch fire if they are not placed correctly.
- Place your candles carefully. Make sure they are on a stable surface, out of the reach of pets and children, and keep them away from flammable objects like curtains, furniture, bedding and books
- Do not light with matches - this avoids the risk of 'double wicking'
- Do not move candles once they are lit
- Do not burn several candles close together as this might cause the flame to flare
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room, out of drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, soot, and dripping
- Fit smoke alarms and test them now and monthly. A working smoke alarm can buy you valuable time to get out, stay out and call 999
- Make sure that everyone in your home knows what to do if a fire should occur – practise your escape route